Wednesday, January 23, 2013

January Sponsor Spotlight

I have had a wonderful month sharing my bloggy space with these wonderful ladies.  I asked each of them to share their New Year’s resolutions with you so you can get to know them better, too.  Here is what they told me:

 

Evon Von

Evon Von  ~ Facebook ~ Twitter 

Hi, I’m Evon-Von!  For me, I decided not to make any  resolutions this year. Every year I start off with a bang but as time goes by, the drive fades away. So I decided instead I will just keep doing what I've been doing all of 2012. I am in the process of overhauling my YouTube channel which will be incorporated with my blog later this year. I am also working on opening an online boutique! I make accessories such as earrings, pendants, and even scarves and I will be selling my own handmade accessories soon! You can read my 'New Year Broken Promises' post HERE.

 

This Girl's Life

This Girl’s Life ~ Facebook ~ Instagram

Hi, I’m Mandy from This Girl’s Life!  For the past few years, I've chosen "one little word" to guide me through the year. For 2013, I've chosen "grow", which relates to how I would like to grow creatively, both through my blog and in my professional and personal life.  You can read more about my “one little word” on my blog HERE.

 

The Hanger

The Hanger ~ Facebook 

Hi, I’m Amanda from The Hanger.  My goals for the New Year are to work on my self esteem by beginning a work out regimen. I plan to get myself into shape for a wedding dress because I recently got engaged! An important goal for the year is to not be a stressed out bride. I am making the majority of my decorations and cannot wait to share them with my crafty friends! HERE is the paper flower tutorial I am going to use as wedding décor.

 

   Mia Bella

Mia Bella ~ Facebook

Hi, I’m Jilli from Mia Bella Photography.  When I think back on this first year of business for Mia Bella Photography, these words come to my mind... Unbelievable. Humbled. Encouraged. Thankful. And when I look forward to what this next year has in store I have feelings of hope, excitement and inspiration. But nothing rings more clear than the simple fact that this is a dream come true. To think that in September of 2011, when an oncoming life change was inevitable as this stay-at-home Mom's only little miracle was spreading her wings and soaring off to kindergarten, we sat down and discussed this next chapter of my life. Would I go back into the corporate advertising world? Or would it be possible to turn something that I have loved for my entire life into a business of my own. For years I watched my mother and her camera, her inspiration to see the world differently, to be given the gift of being able to SEE the moment and the knowledge of how to capture it, it is a part of me. So to see that in this past year, the feelings of "I won't be able to do this!" to the encouragement of "yes you can!", with the help and support of so many of you, especially my incredibly smart and determined husband, Mia Bella Photography went from a dream to a COMPANY. I am truly blessed.

 

Craft E Magee

Craft E Magee ~ Facebook ~ Twitter

Hi, I’m Craft E Magee!  I usually do not make New Year's resolutions, however, I love the idea of setting and accomplishing goals that help you live life to the fullest. I am going to try to focus on a few things in 2013, like reading more books, crafting and creating more, and choosing to eat nutritious foods, because I know they will make me a happier, healthier person.  You can read my post on New Years Resolutions HERE.  

 

Kathryn Laine

Kathryn Laine ~ Twitter ~ Pinterest

Hi, I’m Kathryn!  My resolution is more of a life change/words to live by... I'm going to stop putting off til tomorrow what I can do today.  You can read more on my blog post HERE.

 

Kiki(verde)

Kiki(verde) ~ Facebook ~ Etsy

Hi, I’m Kristen from Kiki(verde).  One of my 2013 goals is to be a better steward of my time, which means not wasting it standing at the fridge at 5:00 wondering what in the world I'm going to make for dinner. (And the subsequent rush to the store, or worse, calling it quits and ordering in!) There are lots of printable meal planners online, but none of them were exactly what I wanted...so I designed one! Lucky you, I'm sharing the free printable over at my blog so you can be more intentional about your family's meals too!

 

A GREAT BIG thanks to each of these wonderful ladies for supporting D.I.Y. Louisville in various ways.  I am honored to have worked with them this month! 

(For information on how you can support D.I.Y. Louisville look HERE.)

~julee~